Table of Contents
- Which gaming platforms do you support?
- How many local players are supported?
- Can I play local with the free Plunder Panic demo?
- What type of controllers can I use?
- Do you have any recommendations for local setup?
- Does everyone need to play together or can we play against each other?
- Can you fill your crew out with AI Pirates?
- Can you play the game solo?
- Can multiple local players also join in online games?
- Can I play Plunder Panic in a local eSports tournament?
- Can I stream Plunder Panic on Twitch, YouTube, etc…?
- Can I use Plunder Panic at my arcade, Barcade, or public establishment?
- Can I hire Swabby to make an in-person appearance at my event?
1. Which gaming platforms do you support?
Plunder Panic is currently available on Steam for Windows, macOS, and Steam Deck AND all major game consoles including Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S! All platforms support local play.
2. How many local players are supported?
Plunder Panic supports 1 vs 1 up to 6 vs 6 for both Local and Online play. That is a total of 2-12 players for you math-challenged pirates.
For local play, we support up to the maximum number of local players designated by each platform.
- For Windows and macOS, you can have up to 12 local players using a combination of wireless and wired controllers (a maximum of 7 Bluetooth controllers.) Depending on the type of wired controller, their may be limitations beyond 8. For example, Windows only supports up to 8 wired Xbox controllers. You can also use the keyboard and mouse as one controller in the game.
- The Nintendo Switch has a maximum of 8 local players (8 joycons can be paired), but to support 8 joycons, you will need to go into the game Settings and turn on separated JoyCon mode.
- Xbox has a maximum of 8 local players.
- PlayStation has a maximum of 4 local players.
If you’re having trouble filling your ship, you can play smaller match sizes! From 1 vs 1 up to 6 vs 6, which can include both human and AI players. Plunder Panic also supports asymmetrical play with different crew sizes, such as 3 vs 5.
3. Can I play local with the free Plunder Panic demo?
No. Local play is only supported with the full version of Plunder Panic.
4. What type of controllers can I use?
It can be tough to dig up controllers, so we try our best to support as many as possible! Plunder Panic supports most controller types supported by your platform, including native, third party, wired, and Bluetooth controllers. We even support one player on the keyboard if you get desperate, but the use of a controller is recommended.
We also offer controller customization for each individual controller. If you have a controller that isn’t working that you feel should be supported, please reach out to us on Discord!
5. Do you have any recommendations for local setup?
For console play, this is pretty straight forward and based on the norms of each platform (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch).
For PC play using Windows and macOS operating systems , you can use controllers of your choice, from two to six per crew, depending on what you desire. Remember the OS limits to 7 bluetooth connections, so you’ll need to mix and match Wireless and Wired controllers (or have a completely wired setup) if you want to go beyond 7 players. If you need more USB ports (which is likely), you can get one 13-port USB hub or two 6-Port USB hubs (one for each team).
6. Does everyone need to play together or can we play against each other?
When you start a local match, the first thing that comes up is the character select scene. Within the character select scene, each player with a controller can choose which pirate and crew they want. Therefore, you can play together in co-op fashion OR competitively in team-based versus fashion OR in any combination. So for example, if you have 6 players total, you can have all 6 on one team or have 3 on one team and 3 on the other or any other combination such as 1 vs. 5 or 3 vs.2.
7. Can you fill your local game crew out with AI pirates?
Yes. Crews can also include AI pirates if the human variety are hard to find. You can play with or against AI in any combination. The captain of each crew chooses the number of AI on their crew prior to the ship sailing away.
8. Can you play the game solo?
Yes! You can even play solo! That is 1 local human. If you are playing a local game solo, you can select how many AI are on your crew AND THEN how many AI are on the enemy crew within the character select.
You can also play the single player campaign! The campaign is a great way to learn the game and unlock items for local or online play, all while having an epic story-driven adventure.
9. Can multiple local players also join in online games?
Yes! Check out the Online Play FAQ for details on that!
10. Can I play Plunder Panic in a local eSports tournament?
Yes! Plunder Panic is an excellent team-based fighting game that involves strategy, tactics, and team coordination. It is a great fit for an eSports tournament (either local or online.) While the game can be played up to 6 vs. 6 in any of our game modes, for eSports competitive play, we recommend 4 vs. 4 Conquest Best of 3, similar to our ranked mode.
11. Can I stream Plunder Panic on Twitch, YouTube, etc…?
Yes! Plunder Panic is a great game to stream online. Games are intense, thrilling, and often humorous. You can stream multiple local or online players player together. You can also engage in your online communities to join in and play with you on stream, as the game supports up to 12 players and the free demo makes it a low barrier of entry for community members to join!
12. Can I use the retail version at my arcade, Barcade, or public establishment?
It is against our terms of service to use the retail version of Plunder Panic in a public location for pay. We do have a “local arcade version” of Plunder Panic available. You can contact us directly about purchasing a commercial license. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Commercial License” to learn more!
13. Can I hire Swabby to make an in-person appearance at my event?
If you can track him down, but we are not liable for any damages, loss of goods, or plunderings incurred by pirates that are not officially affiliated with Plunder Panic. Please exercise extreme caution when hiring pirates and bringing them into you homes, mateys.